Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Back to the Books

I haven't had the chance to read many books during my university days. But now, I've begun again. Away from the distracted life and without the worry of assignments and projects, I think this isolation for is ideal for book reading. Recently I finished listening to an audiobook of the old classic "The Secret Garden". I had read it as a kid, in a simplified form.
The last audiobook I heard was "The Time Traveler's Wife". The best thing about an audiobook is that it's like someone reads for you. Though you have to concentrate on the reading. I have drifted many times away if I were not paying attention. I suppose it's  because of the way my mind has been trained to shut out classroom lectures. ;)
A great place to find free audiobooks is http://librivox.org/
Ebooks in the form of pdfs are also good. You'll find them if you look hard enough :i
An audiobook or a pdf, I think, still cannot replace the pleasure of reading a book in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment