Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Marble Cupcakes Adventure

I am still in the process in learning how to bake and cook and I consider myself as a beginner. I, therefore, find it simpler to bake from ready made cake mixes. But once in a while, I like to try out making something from scratch. On my good friend Mehwish's blog, I found a recipe of marbled cupcakes. Cupcakes are just my favorite things to bake and I vowed I would give these a try. When I read the recipe aloud to my sister, my first question was, what kind of measurement is "oz". She found it very funny for some reason. Anyway, I learnt it's actually an ounce. (You see why I call myself a beginner now?)
I was just waiting to buy some butter and get started. The impatient person I am, as soon as I got butter, I wanted to make them. My friend was asleep at the time. I looked up her recipe and I started converting ounces to cups/tablespoons. I knew that sugar, flour and butter weigh differently. So I did the math and wrote on a paper what I'd be needing. Didn't have self rising flour so googled that too. And then I began. As I got the flour out and mixed it with baking powder, I somehow felt that the quantity of flour looked way too much. I asked Ammi and she told me to google it again. So after discussion with Ammi I realized just in time that I had over 4 cups of flour when I needed actually just one and a bit more. =D
I messed up the kitchen and I wasn't sure how the cupcakes would turn out because of my clumsiness in measuring BUT thanks to Mehwish's accurate instructions, they turned out just perfect. \(^.^)/

8 comments:

  1. Perfect ... plz ... !!!
    ts more than perfect ... looking great and i m sure it will taste the same ... unknow oz to conversion is a good step ;)
    long way to go girl ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were VERY delicious & perfectly baked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shezaaaaaaa...!!!

    I'm so so so glad you tried this recipe, they look so perfect.

    And I loved your experience of trying this recipe, I couldn't stop laughing at oz and ounce part :P Glad you did the perfect conversions, I'll make sure to write down grams, cups and ounces measurements in my upcoming blogs :)

    Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy Nida so much.hummph..You get to taste all these wonderful recipes Sheza try,while all i can do is to just read and stare at the pictures..*Sigh*..

    Cupcakes look yummy.I am a fan Sheza.You are brilliant mashALLAH.Gosh,roza lag gaya..:(..

    Keep up the good work baita jee..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these look so yummy!! And I'm sure they smell just a nice. I love the freshly-baked smell cookies and cupcakes have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YuuuMMYY!! wanT my hands on it :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the post and your cute way of expressing. And the cupcakes look amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete