Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Beaks and Bows

Last time, while I tried to sew a small Totoro, I watched the movie. It made me realize that I can watch an animated movie while I sew. Why animated? Because I can just glance at it every now and then and just listen to it while working and still know what's going on. Makes sewing more fun for me. 

I had made the blue bird and the yellow bird right after I made the red one. But I wanted to make the black one before I put them all on my blog. So today while I made the black bird, I watched Howl's Moving Castle. I don't have a sewing machine yet so I hand-stitch each bird. I seem to have a hard time sewing on their beaks. It takes about five tries to get them okay looking. But they're worth it. Here they all are:


The black bomb bird is my favorite! I am so so thankful to Care's blog where I got all the patterns from.

The other thing I've been working with felt making little bow hair clips. I got a pack of black hair clips for very cheap and the good thing about them is that the top black part actually comes off from the clip. I made little bows with felt and used glue to put them on the black top. Left them one day to dry and viola! pretty little clips all ready! 



 I didn't really think it necessary to cover the black part with felt because my hair is black and when I put it on, only the bow shows. I don't know how long they'll stay with glue. Maybe I should have sewn them on. I guess I will if they start to come off. Right now, I'm happy with they way they are.

Might make more birds and bows with the felt I have left. Perhaps get better at sewing beaks on? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment