Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Crochet - Level : Beginner


I really have been wanting to try crochet for sometime now but was not able to find the aluminum hooks that are needed. I've always been inspired by friends who crochet and really wanted to learn. I'm pleased to announce that I finally found one. For some reason, the few places I have been to in Saudi Arabia, they have just one size aluminium hook, which is 4.0 mm (a size G i think) Moreover, the shopkeepers are really not in the mood to help out or guide one. I managed to get some yarn too but didn't realize that I'd need a needle too. 

So anyway, right now I'm a very basic beginner, practicing my simple crochet. Have had to open it and start over countless times but I can tell I'm improving with practice. There are some awesome 'Youtubers' out there who make the learning process so much easier. Yesterday I made this rosette with pink yarn. 



Today, I tried making two cherries. 


Not a bad start I think. 


1 comment:

  1. Wowssss! I can't believe you completed these two little projects in just one day considering the fact you are an absolute beginner. I'm so proud of you! Just keep it up...!

    ReplyDelete