Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day One Working with Felt

The word 'felt' often conjures up images of mass-produced multicolored squares, or perhaps the green stuff found under piano keys or on pool tables. - Gillian Harris (Complete Feltmaking) 





My friend Shumaila suggested I look for felt material to hand-sew cute little things. I was excited when I finally found felt after much searching. It's kind of woolly and easy to work with. My first day working with my six colors of felt was wonderful. Since I'm a beginner, I look for easy tutorials around the internet. The first thing I tried was making Alice Merlino's tutorial of a simple felt daisy. I didn't have yellow felt so I replaced the center yellow with blue. Once I was done with it, Ammi suggested attaching a magnet to it's back. The flower is now on our fridge. :)




Let's make Twart! 

The next thing I made was this twitter bird using Melissa Crowe's tutorial for valentine's from here. Since I don't have hard felt I added a little cotton so that it's not as flat. I replaced the word, 'be mine' with 'tweet' making it a form of Twitter+Art= Twart!

8 comments:

  1. Now that's what I call creativity!
    Wow. Love the twitter bird!
    And MashAllah, you've got great talent.
    Keep up the felt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaay this looks so good... try your hand at making pretty cushions now ..!!!

    Good job <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! lovely <3
    they look really cute sheza :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shez you are going so fast MA, I'm feeling so happy to see that you did it all in just one day.

    I'm trying to imagine how far we are going to see you in some next days IA.

    Happy Felting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good ones Sheza! You are clever at making pretty things and using your time creatively! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute little daisy! Glad you liked my tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks Alice! Love your work! :)

    ReplyDelete