Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Keep Calm And Sew On

I did go to the doctor last week and got a bunch of medicines. Not just for backache, turned out that my wisdom tooth was getting infected as well. This has caused me to spend a slow week of illness. One week. Huh. It really felt like a century! Anyway, I am pleased to say that I have regained most of my health now. Still cautious about what I eat but I feel better. I think when medicines don't suit you, you should go and ask the doctor to change them instead of putting up with the terribleness. We went to the mall yesterday and shopping therapy did me well.
Dad has been with me mostly when I was in search of felt and so, he spotted a shop in the mall. This is such a relief since I was running out of felt and this mall is nearby so felt is now within easy reach. I've been obsessed with clutch bags for over an year now. I saw some pretty decent ones yesterday at the mall but didn't think any of them was worth the price. I therefore, decided to try sewing a clutch myself. Pink and orange go so well together. My stitches are still a bit untidy at places but I'm happy with the result. I didn't want my clutch to slouch so I taped two floppy disks and inserted them for back support. Wasn't sure I'd be able to make this in one day but I did. :)
The tutorial I used to make the pretty flower can be found here. What's next? I can't say but I'm sure to try something else. Keep checking back! :)

7 comments:

  1. Aww, this is very cute.! I wish I had a sewing maching too. I hope you stay healthy! =)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. give it to a little girl and see the smile on her face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shezaa! I didn't know you had a blog =o
    glad i found it =D

    you know what, you have inspired me to take sewing classes, might be joining from next sat =P my mum is surprised!

    i like thz woolly felt stuff =)
    your really good at it. MashaAllah =)

    Sidrah xx o(^-^)o

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is some really cool creativity coming from you , I totally love this piece and I'm sure you will excel with every piece you stitch/sew :)
    and I want one for myself too when you visit karachi :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW shez, the pouch & flower are so adorable. I can't guess if this girl has started sewing just couple of weeks back. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank u for the kind comments everyone :)

    ReplyDelete